Save the Date: Thursday, November 30th from 5-8pm
The holiday tradition of First Light is back in person! Join the Town of Brookline and the Chamber as we kick off the holiday shopping season with a family-friendly event featuring music from Voices of Boston, the Viking Sports obstacle course, and lots of fun inside our Brookline businesses! It’s a small business-focused event hosted in our business districts to usher in the holiday shopping season. Individuals and families visit our participating businesses, where they enjoy live entertainment and giveaways.
Here’s what’s happening at the Florida Ruffin Ridley School:
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM – Viking Sports Outdoor Obstacle Course
6:00 PM – VOICES Boston
6:30 PM – BHS Camerata, BHS Note-a-fy, Perfect Pitch, Glee Club, Bass Value
Here’s what’s happening at participating businesses around Brookline:
- Brookline Arts Center, 86 Monmouth St: Something fun is happening in-store! Stop by to find out.
- Brookline Art Makes Community (BAMC), Coolidge Corner Arcade – 318 Harvard St: From 5-7pm, come join the Town of Brookline’s Economic Development Division staff, Brookline Commission for the Arts (BCA), and all involved with the BAMC public art initiative to celebrate the new public artwork around town!
- Brookline Bank, 1324 Beacon St: Stop by for cookies, hot chocolate, and more.
- Brookline Booksmith, 279 Harvard St: From 5-7PM, 20% of sales proceeds will be donated to the Florida Ruffin Ridley School PTO. Stop by for live music with a duo from Brookline Music School from 5:30-7PM. At 7PM, there will be a poetry reading, featuring poets Rachel DeWoskin, Robert Pinsky, & Kirun Kapur.
- Brookline Courtyard by Marriott, 40 Webster St: Come by for hot chocolate and cookie decorating.
- Coldwell Banker Realty, 1375 Beacon St: Enjoy a live musical act and a free light-up toy for the first 300 kids!
- Diana Stelin: Art/Education/Design, 1386B Beacon St: At 7pm, there will be a five-person panel discussion called “Creativity to Spark Joy in Complex Times.”
- Eureka Puzzles and Games, 1355 Beacon St: Stop by to participate in the Riddle Round-Up program with Eureka and the Coolidge Corner Merchant Association (CCMA).
- Feet of Clay Pottery, 21 Station St: Stop by for a free pottery class!
- Hipstitch, 194 Washington St: Something fun is happening in-store! Stop by to find out.
- Olive Connection, 1426 Beacon St: Olive oil and vinegar tasting.
- Paris Creperie, 278 Harvard St: Come by for face painting and spin the prize wheel with Marie Antoinette!
- Party Favors, 1356 Beacon St: Something fun is happening in-store! Stop by to find out.
- The Public Library of Brookline – Coolidge Corner Branch, 31 Pleasent St: Something fun is happening in-store! Stop by to find out.
- Unlimited Sotheby’s International Realty, 1334 Beacon St: They’ll be serving light refreshments. Come say “hi!”
- Wild Goose Chase, 1349 Beacon St: They’ll be offering food and beverages while you shop. Two lucky winners will receive a sterling silver piece of jewelry from “Boma.”
- Cafe Rifrullo, 147 Cypress St: Something fun is happening in-store! Stop by to find out.
- Florida Ruffin Ridley School: 345 Harvard St
- Viking Sports
- Barbara Gutman Consulting
- Chestnut Hill Realty
- HarborOne Bank
- Brookline Teen Center, 40 Aspinwall Ave: Something fun is happening in-store! Stop by to find out.
Here are the businesses competing in the Window Decorating Contest:
- Coolidge Yoga: 1297 Beacon St.
- Wild Goose Chase: 1349 Beacon St.
- Sanctuary Medicinals: 1351 Beacon St.
- Eureka Puzzles and Games: 1355 Beacon St.
- Coldwell Banker Realty: 1375 Beacon St.
- Kingston Real Estate: 1423 Beacon St.
- Kaplansky Insurance: 114 Harvard Ave.
- Paris Creperie: 278A Harvard St.
- Harbor One: 473 Harvard St.
- Hipstitch: 194 Washington St.
- Goldfish Swim School: 20 Webster Pl.
The ballot to vote for the best-decorated window will be posted to our Facebook and Instagram page next week for the Brookline Community to vote! Make sure you’re following us: @brooklinechamber